Monday, December 1, 2008

Collecting Rock




Who knew that this blog would be so aptly named? We were accused of starting it to announce and then chronicle the life of our posterity. The blog was, however, conceived before the little rock, and certainly before she was named, since that didn't happen until 15 minutes before leaving the hospital.



I was sitting in the hospital thinking about writing in a journal about two things: the intense experiece that we had all just been through (I guess in my mind, I was mostly thinking of the intense experience I had just been through.) or how beautiful and amazed I was at the little, bright-eyed girl that lay on my bed beside me. I was trying to figure out which was best or more appropriate to write about first. In reality, even though they still are somewhat apart in my head, the trauma of the first and the beauty of the second intensifiy each other and can't really be separated.





No comments: