Friday, April 23, 2010

Justice

Sometimes, it's really hard to have that perfect picture that truly does justice to a situation. For example, this was a totally awesome snow fort, but any photo only captures it's whiteness and loses the detail of the superb architecture and strategy of the design.






Similarly, one may think that this is simply another example of Dan's athletic prowess on the field, when it may actually be the only picture in existance of Dan participating in team sport, or at least running with a football.













There are times, however, when a photo really does well to sum up and draw you in. I think that often when looking at the pictures of food in magazines or with recipes. You look at that photo and immediately know how it would smell, the texture as it hits your mouth, and the taste to savor as you clean the plate. I know those photos are no accident, and I have admired many a amatuer blog that impress just like any cooking magazine. I like to cook, but have never shared. Now, I start an new section of this blog - Recipes. We will start with an inspiration that magically "just came" to my husband right there in the middle of the grocery store, so alas, I cannot take credit. I promise that you can do this at home and have delicious and grand results - easy to impress, as demonstrated by the last photo. As you see, these photos really do justice to this spring break dessert.


Rainbow Stackers

1. Follow directions on cook serve jello to make a layer in the bottom of a bowl.

2. Put in freezer.

3. Frantically check on it every so often.

4. When frozen, add a layer of sweetened condensed milk and return to freezer.

5. Again impatiently check on layer until firm.

6. Repeat steps 1 - 5 with different colors until reach desired jello depth.

7. Slice and enjoy.