Sunday, June 19, 2011

Incognito

I have recently been able to walk around the produce section at the grocery without engaging in conversations about people's health or the welfare of their various body parts or fluids. This is nice, but sometimes, my own father and grandfather aren't sure that it is me when they see me. This weekend, I walked into a wedding of a good friend and went to sit down among some other friends. Luckily, they also did not want to engage in conversation about people's health or the welfare of their various body parts or fluids. In fact it took them a bit to even realize it was me now that the girl with long, straight, blond hair is only a closet identity. Also, I didn't trip once during the whole event, so they probably wondered at my grace. Of course, I couldn't claim too much grace as I boogied on the dance floor with a sleeping baby in my arms, wandered around after a two year old with chocolate milk down her dress who periodically likes to lay down on the floor and yell for effect (luckily not at the event), and today, toured FDR's sophisticated home with a diaper on the baby's head since I left her hat in the car. The look is suprisingly like an old fashioned baby bonnet, so maybe it was actually appropriate.

I was reminded, though, that there are many friends that you can go long periods without seeing, go through a few changes, but still easily connect.

3 comments:

starr said...

love the short hair. need to see it in person. mostly because i need to see you guys in person. hair sighting would just be a bonus.

Paw@: said...

Incognito is right. We saw a picture on an earlier post and wondered "Who is that?"

Looks like grandma is having fun. If you eat more garlic, the mosquitoes aren't supposed to bother you--an old Florida trick. It works in Hungary.
Roger and Caroly

shayna said...

The first time I wore my bangs back to church after always having them down, church members thought that Eric had gotten a new girlfriend...and that was just my bangs. I love your hair. Can we see you soon?