Saturday, March 10, 2012

I have felt justified in my quest to get Skye to say my name. If by chance she happens to learn other words along the way, like "Dada", then so be it, but the primary goal is "Mama". As any mother knows (and father if they stop to think about it), this is the proper order. My efforts, however pure in their intent, have somehow backfired. I point to the Dada and state his name a few times (under my breath) as an example, point to the sister, casually say her name a few times, and then point to myself with a bold finger, emphatically repeating, "Mama". Skye, a very smart little girl, catching on to the importance of the situation, now waddles around as she busily goes from task to task, firmly pointing a plump, dimpled finger at herself and repeating, "Mama, Mama."

2 comments:

shayna said...

You're really pretty and funny. Such a good combo.

Melin said...

I am loving all these posts! India, amazing...my earliest childhood memory is from being in India when I was two--its where I developed my hatred of monkeys. ;-) Photos are wonderful, so Sunny---what great fun for all of you.