Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Alas





Alas, I realize that I am close to reviewing the year in all it's excitement with a string of pictures again. So, what do I start with when writing in installments about the year now that the year is getting close to the end? How my job about drove me to the ground at the beginning of the year as I was pregnant and tired - very tired - and I finally hit a wall of indignation and realized that I do have choices in the matter? I don't have to keep accomodating every situation but have to realize and stand up for what I think the priorities are for myself and my family (even if the only choice to really change things for myself is to quit - and even if, through my job, I can help others). Although may seem like a stupid and simple realization to some, it was somehow liberating for me, even if the situation didn't end up changing and doesn't look much better now, at the end of the year. What would Dan have to say here? Certainly effected him as well.







I'll leave it at that and say that this can cover part of the first quarter. First installment of the catching up in 2008.

1 comment:

Nataluscious said...

Sunshine! What a glorious thing to hear from you. I hope its not another 6 months. And I am proud that you realized you DO have choices, though I completely understand forgetting it. I do too - sometimes I think I just have to make everyone else happy and worry about me another day. Best of luck with you and mostly I hope you get the rest and relaxation you need so you can keep on keepin' on.