I never even thought to think about whether or not I was a natural at curling. Well, years of the balance beam may have been preparation for just this sport. Now, for those critics who question whether or not curling is truly a sport, would the Olympic committee really approve anything that didn't take upmost athletic skill? Anyone who has tried to sweep their kitchen floor in a very vigorous and very fast motion can attest to the sweat that can pour from one's brow and the careful coordination it would take to do that and walk quickly forward in a straight line at the same time. And, who knew that you are better off in curling if you can do the splits? Anyway, any sport that you march out on the ice in a line to start the game (even when it's your first game ever), banging your broomstick to the beat of a blaring bagpipe tune, is bound to make you feel grandios and athletic. 

3 comments:
did you go curling?? are you in that 2nd picture?
I was 14 when I first saw curling.
My first thought: What the hell are they doing?
My next thought: This is the greatest sport in the world!
Dan and I are right behind the front lady. He's the one with the beard.
Post a Comment